Customer Service Updates from the Veterinary Health Center
We are continuing to follow COVID-19 protocols:
- Masks are required indoors on university property
- COVID-19 screening protocol
- For curbside assistance, please call 785-532-5690.
What to do if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 and your animal needs care:
- Consistent with CDC guidelines, please identify a COVID-negative person to bring your animal to the VHC.
- If this is not possible, please call ahead and share your status with us: 785-532-5690
COVID-19 Screening Protocol
- Do you have COVID?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID?
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 48 hours: new loss of taste/smell, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny nose?
- Have you traveled outside the United States in the last two weeks?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please do not enter the Veterinary Health Center without seeking clarification from VHC administration.
- Riley County Health Department COVID Guidelines - updated January 2022
As a reminder, when visiting the Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University, we ask that you please follow the CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- We are implementing social distancing with avoidance of hand shaking or direct contact with others.
- We recommend that you clean your hands frequently.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after being in a public place or coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaced of your hands and rub until your hands are dry.
- Avoid ever touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Updated: January 19, 2022